September 29, 2012

TRENDING // TWEED

H&M Traditional Blazer, $69.95 // H&M Modern Blazer, $29.95

I am very neutral on the idea of tweed because really when you think of tweed - you think of middle-aged British men. But, of course, like everything else in fashion... things gets recycled and I present you the season of tweed. I think tweed is a timeless fabric that will always be good to have in your closet staples. Of course, it just has to do with how you wear it. I would never wear a whole tweed suit... ie. jacket & pants/skirt... but I would however, wear a tweed jacket with a pair of slacks or skirt in a solid neutral or even jeans to make it more casual.

I was at H&M and saw that they played the idea more. They have a traditional tweed blazer with an elbow patch (awesome!) and then they modernized it with a black tweed fabric that is reminiscent of Chanel's classics (its only $29.95). Both are good depending on what your style is. I, for one, wouldn't mind having both because depending on how I  wear it with - it could be part of my style. 

Which style of tweed do you prefer?

charisse

No comments:

Post a Comment